The Medical Marijuana Magazine


Editors, Wall Street Journal:

RE: Your editorial "500 Drug Geniuses"

Why do you continue to flog George Soros for spending less than 5 percent of his annual philanthropic largess on drug reform? Steve Forbes, no slouch in the fortune department, has made the stamping out of medical marijuana his personal obsession. And then there's that richest-man-in-the-world guy, what's his name?, you know, software, anti-trust, anyway, he financed 10 percent of the opposition to the Washington State medical marijuana initiative last year, and was successful in defeating it. Steve Forbes put up the other 90 percent.

And while you're comparing dollars, how can you possibly set George Soros' few million each year sprinkled on parched drug policy soil against the taxpayers of the United States who (like it or not) spend a Niagara of $40 billion each year?

Could it be it is George Soros, not the Wall Street Journal, who understands that immutable free-market law, far more powerful than any drug law ever written: "Where there is a demand, there will be a supply." Our only choice about drugs, then, is black market or free market.

Okay, Journal, choose.

Peter McWilliams
author, Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do

Original WSJ editorial at: